Saturday, September 3, 2016

Halloween Party

Halloween Party


I hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend. I figured since Halloween is getting closer, I would share some ideas that I did for my son's birthday party last year. My husband and I love Halloween, so we were pretty excited when my son decided he wanted to have a Halloween birthday party.  The first thing I looked for were invitations. I came across this website that has free invitations: http://www.greetingsisland.com. Very easy to customize and simple to save them. I just downloaded it to an image, so that I could take it to CVS and print it out. I just print them out like I would a picture. I still would rather mail an invitation then send it through email or text, but they do have this option if you would rather do that.  



The next step is the cake. We did a two layer cake.  The top layer we did in chocolate and the second layer in orange. Big thank you to Maria Olinger who made his cake. She did an amazing job. 



Below are some food dishes I made to go along with the theme. The first one was a pineapple cheeseball. I named it "skull cheese ball". 


Below is "spooky bones". Very easy to make. A stick pretzel with miniature marshmallows on each end dipped in white chocolate. 


Next is a dish my Mom made. They are pineapple meatballs or "zombie eyeballs". These are so good and very easy to make. I will have to post a recipe in the future for these. 


Below are some "mummy pizza bites".  I will also post a recipe in the future for this as well. All you need is tortilla wraps,  pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. 



We had "monster toes". I just chopped up apples and stuck a tooth pick in them and melted some Carmel in my little crockpot. It's not Halloween if you don't have Carmel apples. One of my favorite things. 


I also made some punch and called it "witches brew". It's orange sherbet, two 2-liters of Sprite, and two 2-liters of Ginger Ale.


Thanks for checking out my blog. :)

Heather













No comments:

Post a Comment